I get a lot of questions regarding many kitchen appliances including KitchenAid stand mixer.
Here are the frequently asked questions and the answers that might be helpful for you before you decide to buy the KitchenAid mixer.
What is the reason you should lower the time spent mixing when you use the KitchenAid Stand Mixer?
Here are 6 reasons you should reduce mixing time.
1. The KitchenAid mixer has a patented feature known as Planetary action. This allows the unit to mix more efficiently and more effectively.
2. The Planetary mixing action spins the KitchenAid paddles clockwise. The main shaft will turn counterclockwise.
3. The beater blade makes contact with the bowl in 67 different and specific points. This is more than 50 points more specific than any other mixer that is on the market.
4. Sometimes you have a recipe that was not designed for a KitchenAid mixer. Older mixers require much more mixing time. It is suggested that you reduce the mixing time by at least 50 percent. So, for example, if a recipe called for 10 minutes of mixing you would only need to use the KitchenAid mixer for 5 minutes.
5. You should use the reference material that comes with your KitchenAid stand mixer. These booklets include recipes, handling instructions and general maintenance information.
6. If you are making bread or any dough you should never knead it for more than 5 minutes. The KitchenAid mixer is very powerful and will knead dough much faster than other mixers. Also, it is important to only use the second speed level (Speed 2). The resistance that dough puts on the beater paddles can cause a strain if you use High speed.
How long will the KitchenAid Stand Mixer be functional?
The precise number is hard to say because it depends upon what you use your Mixer for as well as how often. There are several important things listed in your user manual that will keep your mixer working optimally for a long time. Remember, these units are used in professional kitchens and bakeries so they are designed to work hard and work for a long time as long as they are cared for.
One of the reasons the KitchenAid stand mixers last for such a long time is their integrated planetary action. This engineering allows for the mixer to expend less energy while producing the same results as other mixers. You get all the power with have the energy. This ends up reducing the wear and tear on the motor and makes the unit last longer than a normal mixer.
How long can the mixer run? What is the length of time you can run the KitchenAid Stand Mixer?
The amount of time you can run the KitchenAid Stand Mixer will depend on what you are mixing. The material being mixed is a decisive factor as is the speed at which you are running the mixer.
If you are mixing thick batters or dough then you will want to run the mixer at slow speed. For this application 10 minutes is the maximum amount of time you will want to use.
If you are going to be kneading bread dough or making pasta dough then you will want to use the KitchenAid mixer for 4-6 minutes. This is sufficient time.
You will want to mix no more than two batches of dough, either bread or pasta, without resting the mixer. You want to KitchenAid mixer to cool down and not overheat.
If you are going to be whipping heavy cream, egg whites, or light cake batters, then you can use the Stand Mixer for 6-10 minutes. The motor is going to be under less strain and can handle the workload. You can run the stand mixer for up to 20 minutes.
It is always recommended that you read the user manual that comes with your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. This Use and Care Guide is going to provide you with a complete list of information about speed settings and time limits. It is small and convenient so that you can refer to it at any time.
Is it possible to order specific appliance parts directly from KitchenAid?
KitchenAid does not directly sell any parts, either for repair or for replacement. If you wish to purchase replacement parts you can easily contact one of many authorized service centers. These service facilities are capable of providing you with the parts as well as performing the necessary repairs on the KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
For those who have an appliance under warranty, feel free to call Customer eXperience Center for Major Appliances toll-free at 1-800-422-1230.
If you have countertop appliances like the Stand Mixer and Handmixer then call toll free 1-800-541-6390. You can call Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. –8:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.